Loomy Thoughts

Monday, August 16, 2010

Shoot!

Forgot to do this again yesterday. :-/  The older I get, the more I forget....

Not much to report as I was LAZY this past week and weekend, but I did pick this up while at WalMart the other day:
Isn't that just the cutest thing?!  It *looks* easy, but I haven't read the directions yet (and forgot to buy thread - I'm pretty sure I don't have any hot pink thread) but I really want to get started on it.

I did spin on the Penguin a little bit; since Spin Club is tomorrow night I was planning to take it along and get a lot done.  Unfortunately the parking situation is messed up at our meeting location and the Penguin is heavy and isn't stable on my cart so I guess I'll just have to start a new project on the Production - perhaps this (it's much lighter-colored IRL):
(freebie from Corgi Hill Farm :-D)

I also worked on the great wheel, replacing the maiden upright with bigger PVC and trying a different design on the maiden.  The new maiden design didn't work, so went back to the original style.  Didn't test-drive it yet - hopefully I will do that this week as there is another spin-in-the-park coming up. :-)

Saw The Expendables this weekend - LOVED IT.  I love the 80's action flicks and am a huge fan of Jason Statham and Stallone.  The fight scenes were awesome!  I did think Jet Li was underutilized though.  If you like lots of explosions and action, this is the movie for you!  Definitely one I'll be adding to my DVD collection (rumor has it there may be a sequel!). :-D

Labels: ,