Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, August 26, 2010

WOO HOO!!!!!

I've been thinking about getting a modern sewing machine that was lightweight and 3/4 size (plus a couple of other requirements - like 'cheap' - cheap is good!) for occasional traveling, since my vintage machines weigh a TON.  So I moseyed on down to the nsOSMG (not-so-Old Sewing Machine Guy) I've bought my s.m. parts from when I was fixing machines to check out a couple of Janomes (one he didn't have, and it turns out I don't want after all), and look what he had:


A Singer 500a Rocketeer!!!  

And now it's MINE!!!

I've wanted one for a long time, and I'm thrilled even though it's dirty and may need a little maintenance (but that's half the fun!) And it's in a Touch & Sew case as he didn't have a Rocketeer case, but it fits well enough. :-D

I *really* want to go play with it, but I have a couple of other things I have to do first. (sigh)  And now I need to decide which Touch & Sew goes away first. :-(

Guess I'd better get my tasks done so I can go play!

Labels: