Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Now that's a spinning workshop!

As I previously mentioned, I had a workshop with the great Patsy Z. last weekend.  She is such a wonderful teacher!  (And no snide comments about my Babe, either - she only had good things to say about it.)

It had originally been a silk workshop and a novelty yarn workshop, but she changed it at the last minute to all novelty with a bit of silk.  Even though I have no interest in novelty yarns, I had a great time and I'm sure learned more than I realized.  My best-looking yarn?  Boucle, because I do not like boucle, no way no how. :-) 

The slub yarn was kind of fun, 

and I may actually do that - maybe.  We also did a cable yarn, which I don't consider novelty but YMMV.

(Guess I should have taken a "Using your digital camera" workshop - wow those are bad!)

There were several other yarns - Lopi-like, core-spun (actually I'm still not finished with that one), knotted, and more; but they didn't photograph well. 

I still need to finish the core-spun, and wash the boucle and core-spun, but I was able to keep up until the very last - carding the mohair for the boucle, which was the second-to-last yarn, really slowed me down.  I need to go over my samples again, and match everything up.  There was a lot in a short time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home