Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Whew!

The Tour de Fleece ended last Sunday, and boy was I glad!  Four teams is just too many for me, so next year I won't be on so many.  I sorta met my goals - I got more comfortable on Russian/Tibetan spindles and the great wheel.  I finished "Treebeard" that was on the Reeves, and finished the singles that were on the Polonaise and the Babe Production:


I made another Tibetan last weekend - I call it a "Tiny Tibetan", as it's only 8" long and I made it short to be a better traveling spindle.  Since it's short, I had enough left over to turn a spinning cup too, and the two are great together!
I tested it on the drive to the woodworking store yesterday, and it's great for in-the-car spinning, though the cup could be a bit deeper for when you go over bumps:

A Dyeing Wish's Star Trek spin-along colorway "Enterprise".  It's very sparkly, so I love it. :-D  I layered the 3 different batts on top of each other and am pulling fauxlags from it.
The purple in front is an add-on - all purple and extra-sparkly, that I think I'll spin as a fine single and ply it with the Enterprise 2-ply.  Maybe.  I might like the 2-ply enough to not add anything to it.



The ubiquitous puppy pic:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home