Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

(Almost) Done!

I still need to do some work on the drive wheel, but it is so time-consuming I decided to put the wheel back together and spin some.  And I may end up getting some brown-tinted Briwax to darken it up a bit, but I'm going to wait and see how I like it.

In sad news, I sold the Pedal Pusher. :-(  I missed it before it was gone!  But the person that bought is thrilled with her first wheel, and spinning in general, so I feel a bit better about it. :-)  Selling the PP means I really need to get around to building my electric plyer though!

And, I finally bought a smart phone!  It's an LG Phoenix which is an Android phone.  It's pretty easy to use (mostly), and seems to be holding a decent charge compared to what I've been told about smartphones (though I'm not using it a lot (yet)).  I'm very happy with how the Kindle app looks on it - the font size is adjustable to big-enough-for-me :-) and you can select a sepia background so it's not as tiring to read on. 

Most of my time has been taken with the new dog though,
and finishing the Mazurka.  So I haven't done any spinning except for the Spin Club meeting last week, and no other crafty stuff either.  Luckily I'm off today and the boys are mostly snoozing (though New Dog decided to take ALL the doggy toys out of the toy basket :-/) so I may be able to spin on the Mazurka and Reeves without worrying too much about the wheel being safe.  Maybe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home