Loomy Thoughts

Monday, May 30, 2011

So...

We got a new toy this past week...

but I didn't get a chance to play with it until today:
Not the shape I had in mind when I started, and it's easier to see before I put cherry Danish Oil on it.
It's just pine, so it's not so awesome, but I do like the shape I ended up with. :-)  It's going to need a bit of wax to fill in some of the rough spots since you often can't get pine smooth like the hard woods.

I finished the batt bite on the Star Trek spindle:
(am I geeky or what?!) and plyed it on the Penguin (because it was the only wheel with nothing on it :-/). And I finished the merino/silk on the Mazurka too. Unfortunately the bobbins were waaay uneven:
so the little skein is a bit finer than the large skein - I may make a wrist distaff out of the little skein because this yarn is soooo soft. :-)

And finally, a nature shot.

click to biggify
Mrs. Cardinal is nesting right outside our window (see the orange beak?). :-)  This is on the side of the house where we lost the trees; thankfully the cardinal and her nest weren't damaged by the storm. I peeked yesterday, and could see one egg; there may be more.

We're finding more tree damage as we get around the homestead, and one of the 'crown' panels on the machine shed came off, but all-in-all we're ok. I'm sad for my birch, but we're saving the wood for turning.

Oh - I almost forgot!  This is what I came home to TWICE this week:
(The spaniel is not the guilty party)

DH is going to need a new chair sooner than he thought!  Don't know why the New Puppy thinks that arm is so tasty. :-/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home