Loomy Thoughts

Monday, September 05, 2011

Still spinning!

Though of course not getting a lot accomplished.  I did ply this:
I have no idea what type of wool this is as it was unmarked in my stash.  I was aiming for laceweight on the Mazurka, but after 2-plying it it doesn't look very skinny.

I'm plying this:
This is the Babe project that has just about everything in it; also a 2-ply.  I'm about 2/3s through the singles.  And the merino/yak is finally dry, and I love how it feels:

The churro lamb fleece is cleaner, though there is a lot of v-m in it.  I'll probably end up combing it:
Doesn't it look a mess?!!!

I'm hoping to get out to the woodshop tomorrow and make some more spindles - my other spindles are getting lonely!

I visited my mom this weekend and we went to the 'flea market' store, where I found this awesome vintage Mouli shredder in great condition:
It works so easy and so fast, and super-easy to clean!  I'll probably put my food processor in storage and use this instead.  I may actually start cooking! :-)   And I need to find another one for my sister - she fell in love with it when using it to make apple dumplings, and I'll do a lot to encourage her to make apple dumplings. :-D

And for my other sister:
I was actually a bit surprised she put up with the Big Lug joining her on the couch, but she didn't seem to mind - they stayed up there for quite awhile. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home