Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Holy cow!

I actually got some stuff done this weekend!  I don't know what got into me, and it will probably take me 3 months to get the next thing finished, but I'm feeling very accomplished. :-D

First - I *finally* finished the capelet I started knitting 2.5 years ago:

And - I got to use my 'new' skeinwinder:
This is the fastest I've ever spun and plyed a yarn. :-D  This was a wonderful spin - love the colors!

And - I finally tested my e-spinner design:
and it works!  The only parts that are currently secured are the maiden uprights.  The bobbin travels a bit too much on the flyer shaft but I'll fix that once I put a finish on the wooden base.  I'm using my original plying kit for my Babe Production, since it never fit the wheel quite right, and a sewing machine motor off of one of my olde sewing machines. :-D  Now to pick a wood stain.... :-D

And I bought Boss Dog a bed like the one I got for the Lazy Girl last week.  I think she likes it. :-D
These have memory foam in them, and I'm hoping they will be good for my old girls.  I think I need to make the 'bumper' taller though!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Love the capelet and the finished yellow yarn. Can't wait to see them in person. And, by the way, what are you going to think of next - an e-spinner. You're so creative!

    By Anonymous Dianna, at 2/12/2012 3:18 PM  

  • Thanks Dianna! I'd been thinking of that e-spinner for a few years, but only just got around to it. I still need to 'permanently' assemble it. :-D

    I just love the yellow yarn - I need to find my one-skein books to figure out what to make with it. :-D

    By Blogger CL, at 2/13/2012 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home