Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No weaving tonight either...

I've decided to work on the garter stitch shawl tonight - I'm just too tired after the dog kept us up barking last night (who knows at what). Also I hope to get a bit further in the card weaving book after I get a few rows done on the shawl.

Good news! My LYS actually has some yarn in that is workable for warp - 6/2 mercerized cotton on cones in some very nice colors. I bought one in a shiny rosy-purpley kind of color (deep raspberry?), though it seemed a bit pricey. I like to support my LYS though, and the owner is incredibly nice. I also bought a skein of Euroflax linen yarn (light sportweight) to use as warp for DH's scarf, instead of the awful white acrylic(!) I'm currently using. The linen is at least blue, so I'll using something closer in color - the weft yarn is dark blue with colored flecks. (Hmm... comparing yardage with cost between the linen and the cotton, the cotton's a pretty good deal! LOL)

While talking to my LYSO about weaving, which she is interested in but doesn't have time for (yet), a plan started getting a bit more solid in my mind. I have wanted to make my mom something on my grandmother's rug RH, and the plan got a bit of a boost while talking to the LYSO. I need to think about a color scheme, and I also need to find a spot to set the loom up, as it is larger than the Harp - 27" - and with its stand it takes up some serious square footage. This set-up won't be portable once the loom is set up. Mmmm... more projects! LOL

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home