Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hearthside project update...

I made my goal of 4 more inches last night, which makes it 32"; and I'll soon be out of warp. I'll have to make a note to allow for extra loom waste on this loom. If I'm really really lucky (and diligent), I might actually be able to take this off the loom today. I'm planning on the fringing the ends, so that ought to go relatively quickly.


I was reading Wendy's blog this morning,

http://wendyknits.net/

and she and L-B are doing a "Knit From Your Stash 2007". What an excellent idea! I have waaay too much stash, a lot of it cheap acrylic; and really need to downsize it (I probably need to do another purge of yarn I'm not going to use - I donate it to one of the nursing homes and they really appreciate it!). Perhaps weaving will make a dent - I have a ton of worsted cotton I could use as weft for towels perhaps, maybe on the floor loom. Another ton of Lion Brand's Homespun that I had originally purchased to make a 'color palette' afghan (but they kept adding colors, and I couldn't keep up, and the dog's toenails catch on the stuff). Hmm... wonder what I could weave with the Homespun as weft - it's mainly single skeins of different colors, and what would I use for warp? I may do a granny square (ugh!) afghan out of the neutral colors. Some things to think about during today's weaving.


I'm off to brew a cup of my favorite tea, and then to the loom. :-D

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home