Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a safe & happy New Year's Day. :-D We had a bit of computer trouble over the past week, so I haven't gotten the Hearthside project post ready yet (I'm hoping for tomorrow or Thursday). I couldn't tell if the recipient liked it or not - Mom's not a very 'yippee!' kind of person - but I did get nice comments from others on it.

I spent most of this past week knitting - the gift project ended up getting frogged on the 25th as I didn't like how it was turning out. Thankfully I finished it this weekend, it just needs to be washed; so it will be done in plenty of time. :-)

I ordered stuff for the floor loom this past week, but I never did get downstairs to work on it (the broken beater bar arm has been replaced, though). I think this weekend I'll be working on winter-cleaning the house and figuring out what I will doing next and on which loom. I still want to do those sampler strips, probably on the Harp. On the floor loom I'll probably just put a short & narrow warp on and get used to how it works (I do have 2 rental videos coming from Halcyon Yarn to show me how to use and warp the loom). I need to practice using the warping board, as I just don't 'get' the whole cross thing and the one time I used the board I ended up with a terrible mess! Maybe the videos will help with that, too. I still need to finish the scarf on the small RH, or winter will be over and DH still won't have his scarf!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home