Loomy Thoughts

Friday, January 19, 2007

Time flies and all that...

It's been one of those weeks - not much being done for crafting other than using my gift card to Hobby Lobby, and starting a knitted scarf with some yarn my destashing friend gave me, and thinking about what I want to do next on the looms. I'll probably decide this weekend.

Hmm... now that I think of it - this mystery yarn might work better being woven instead of knitted - it's a very pretty boucle, worsted weight, I think it's cotton but I can't be sure (need to do the fiber test), and it's hard to knit on the size needle I want to use. I do have a cone of wool I bought for warping, or I could use some Fisherman's Wool and try out the 8-dent heddle I just got for the Harp - I could even try to warp with an acrylic yarn and hopefully make a tiny dent in my stash. I think I'll go stash-diving this weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm engrossed in a Clive Cussler book, so I might not do any weaving this weekend - though I really need to get going on the scarf on the small loom so it will be finished before Spring! I will try to work on that this weekend, at the very least. I have one of the first season DVDs of "The Closer" from Netflix, and I think those two would go well together. :-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home