Loomy Thoughts

Monday, February 19, 2007

FO!

I've finished the scarf! I'm very pleased with it - it is soft and feels warm, and the mistake rib pattern makes it feel cushy (that could also be partially the yarn). I'm going to have to try to figure out who makes this so I can get another skein to do a hat or earwarmer, probably in the same mistake rib pattern. The pattern can be found on WendyKnits blog:


Speaking of earwarmers, next up on the needles is Knitty's Calorimetry:


Since I stopped perming my hair I wear it in a braid relatively often so my regular earwarmers mess up my hair. It's too cold this year to go without something over my ears, and this looks like it would be just the ticket. I have some lovely single skeins of Cascade in the stash, IIRC, and they would be perfect.

I seem to be in a knitting mood lately - possibly because I won't let myself start another weaving project until I finish DH's scarf. I'm going to have to make myself work on that this week. Since it's warming up here I'll probably finally finish it and it will be too late to wear it! LOL

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Good job! Doesn't it feel wonderful to finish a project?
    I really like the earwarmer you're going to make. I often wear a ponytail or braid and lately I've been thinking about knitting a headband so I think I'll probably knit that one too. I've got 4 other knitting projects (all near completion) that I've got to finish first though.
    I'm just the opposite of your inclinations lately. I'm all about weaving right now. I'm weaving DH's scarf on the store bought loom and I'm testing a loom I made by weaving some placemats. So far so good! There really aren't enough hours in the day!
    Take care! C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2007 3:45 PM  

  • Thank you! I do love to finish a project - after it's finished. Though when I'm almost done, I usually don't want to work on it anymore. I'm weird like that.

    It looks like the yarn I picked out might not work for the earwarmer - sigh. I'm going to have to go stash-diving again.

    I'll be back into weaving in no time - between finishing DH's scarf and trying to pick a new project (oooo - TOWELS on the Harp! hmmm...) I just haven't wanted to think about it. :-)

    By Blogger CL, at 2/20/2007 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home