Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday!

I don't have much to report; it's been a slow week on the fiber front. The only thing I've done (except the cute baby mitts in the previous post) is knit a few rows on the mistake rib scarf. I should be done with that soon, but I always think that and it ends up taking me weeks. :-D

Today I've been cleaning up the guest room (aka 'weaving on the big RH and stuff all my upstairs fiber in there while I'm at it' room). Much to my surprise, I found the mohair I had been looking for in an-almost panic before Christmas. I had even thought I may have given it to my sister, as she probably can knit with mohair, unlike me.
Reynolds Fusion

Beautiful, isn't it? The color is a tiny bit dark in the picture - it's what I would call an 'iron blue'. Since I had so much trouble knitting with it, the original project I bought it for didn't get made. And of course now I can't remember what I wanted it for a couple of months ago - it must have been a weaving project though. I love the color, so I hope I can remember what I wanted it for!

I frogged this project:
Lisa Souza's handpaint fingering merino in "South Pacific"

I had originally ordered this for the Baltic Sea Stole, but the colorway wasn't quite what I wanted so I started this Sideways Razor pattern shawl instead. The entire time I was knitting this I was re-writing the pattern (I probably just didn't 'get' the pattern), and it got to be such an onerous task that I stopped knitting on it altogether. Since I didn't like knitting the pattern I decided there is no point to forcing myself to knit it, so I'll find another project for it. Love love love the yarn, I just need to find the right project for it.

I also found a knitting-loom sock in progress - I haven't decided if I'm going to frog that or not yet. I'll have to see if I can figure out where I was when I left it. I would prefer to learn to knit socks with needles, but I think I would get it done faster if I continued on the knitting loom.

I disassembled and put away the Tissanova loom for a later try - I have no instructions for it, and the yarn I tried with it was probably way too stretchy and soft so the rolling heddle didn't work (at least I hope that's the reason). I also disassembled the Hearthside RH rug loom and put it away, as it will be awhile before I do another rug. I discovered that the rug project left a LOT of 'chaff' on the floor - after vacuuming I'm going to run an air cleaner in there on 'high' for awhile. Now it's just the Harp in the room waiting for it's next warp, which I haven't decided on it.


Now I am going to start on the craft bookcase - it is absolutely overflowing and needs a serious culling. And maybe I'll run across the idea I had for the mohair. :-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home