Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Another FO! - sort-of...

These have actuallly been off the Harp for several months, but I have an aversion to actually completely finishing a project. :-( Anyway, the fringe is done on the placemats - my first Harp project. It was a good reminder that I need to leave more space if doing several placemats or whatever on one warp - my fingers are not nimble enough to do fringing if the threads are 3" or less long (I inherited my father's hands - short wide fingers, good for wielding mechanics' tools and such but not so good for manipulating fine threads in short lengths!). I had to use a crochet hook to pull the ends through the loops on 3 of the 4 sides that needed fringing. I used my rotary cutter and cutting mat to even off the fringe to 1" - they look quite nice. I'll try to put up a picture tomorrow; there are pictures of them in-process in the June and July archives.

I actually accomplished my crafty goals this weekend - yay for me! :-D Now I'm going to weave on DH's scarf on the smaller RH and see if I can make some progress. I would like to get that finished as well so I can stop feeling guilty about taking so long with it, but that loom is less than fun to work with so it's hard to get motivated.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home