Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday!

And we're having a blizzard so I stayed home from work today - sure didn't want to get stuck there!

Anyway, this is what I've been working on:
Aren't they cute? One of my friends just became a grandma so at the very last minute (actually - after the last minute) I decided to try to do a baby hat & mitts. Unfortunately the mitt patterns I've found don't tell me how long to make the cord that attaches them together, and there aren't any babies around here to measure, so they'll have to go cordless. (And before you ask, the pattern for the hat is copyrighted, but not published, and I cannot share it with you - sorry!)

I also worked on the mistake rib scarf this weekend, when I realized I didn't bring small enough needles for the mitts on my trip. :-( It should be done soon though, and then I can start my wristwarmers (probably in time for a heat wave!).

I haven't started any new weaving projects, as I am trying to 'force' myself to finish DH's scarf on the small RH. So far it's not working, but once I finish the knitted scarf perhaps I'll get it done. Then start a new project on the Harp. :-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • The little hat and mitts are soooo cute! Nicely done!

    I finished my first RH loom project Friday and finished the fringe on Sunday. I haven't started my second yet but I have 2 more looms on their way to me. :-) Needless to say I enjoyed my first project and I was pleased with the results. The only reason I haven't started something else is because I can't decide which one to do first. DH needs a scarf, but I'm waiting for one of the smaller looms for that. I'd like to make a weft faced bag but again, a smaller loom will do. I think I'm going to do a casement cloth on the big loom but I need to design the pattern and do the math. Meanwhile - I'm finishing a bunch of knitting projects and some warp faced bookmarks on my pipe loom.

    Glad you had a safe trip!

    C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2007 4:21 PM  

  • Aren't they though? I was concerned when I read the bit about 5 inches of 'ribbon' on the top, but decided to go for it - and it worked. DH thinks the mitts might be too big for the baby, but the ribbing feels so tight that I don't think they will be a problem (and if they are, I'll try them again - the two took about 4 hours of tv-watching and fumbling with dpns).

    Congrats on your first RH project! :-D I see you've caught the addiction. :-) I can't wait to get new projects on the looms, but I *must* finish DH's scarf first.

    Thank you! It sure was a COLD trip! LOL

    By Blogger CL, at 2/13/2007 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home