Loomy Thoughts

Monday, May 14, 2007

The promised pictures...

It's a short post - it's past my bedtime!

The red bobbins are the plied alpaca; the white bobbin is what I have left over.

(click to enlarge a little bit)


The Spindolyn spinning is improving - you can see some of the bad stuff towards the top of the cop (which appears to be about full), but my spinning is getting much more even as seen towards the bottom.


The beginning of the towels on the Harp. I either need to beat the fell line a bit harder or I have a slightly-loose warp string - can you see it?


I also made a mistake in measuring the warp - I measured the amount I needed for the actual towels, and did not include the waste and shrinkage allowances though I had done all the math on my planning sheet. And I did it BOTH TIMES I warped the Harp. SIGH.


The same pattern on the Flip (though much harder to see, as I was too lazy to move it to where I could take a better picture).



I decided I wanted to make a set of these in yellows - do you know how hard it is to find yellow coned worsted cotton??? The only site I found yellow Sugar'n Cream on a cone was eBay. BUT - I discovered that Elmore Pisgah is now selling Peaches & Cream directly. I placed an order yesterday (Sunday) and it was shipped today! I also asked a question in the course of placing the order, and had a response within a few hours. It is coming from Canada, so it might take a little bit longer, but as fast as they shipped it the difference will probably be negligible. Coned P&C appears to come in ALL the colors the balls of P&C come in, unlike S'nC, so I am very happy to have discovered this. And the prices are outstanding - $ 6.64 per cone! Sure can't get it for that here - when you can actually get it here. (And no, I didn't drop out of the Knit From Your Stash plan - these are intended as gifts.) Once I get my cotton stash down further I'll be ordering from them again!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home