Loomy Thoughts

Monday, May 14, 2007

A spinning update...

I finished the plying Saturday (YAY!) - I have a little bit left on one bobbin that I'm going to wait to ply (and I need to remember to tag that bobbin with what's on it). I'm thinking of using this yarn for a Wool Peddler's Shawl from Stahman's Shawls & Scarves, but I'll have to wait to measure how much yarn I really have before deciding for sure. I still need to skein it up and wash and set the twist, so it could shrink up a bit (and hopefully it will look better).

I played with the Spindolyn yesterday in the car, and though my fiber prep left a lot to be desired, I was getting a relatively-even thread, though finer than I prefer, after a little bit so I must be getting the hang of it. It goes slowly, but I am enjoying it.

No weaving this weekend, except for a few minutes Saturday morning when I was comparing the Harp & the Flip.

I hope to post pictures tonight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home