Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Short update...

I've threaded the Harp heddle (correctly, I hope!), but didn't tie on the cloth beam yet.

Last night I decided I'd better continue plying the alpaca, as I need to get that project finished since I am supposed to be demo'ing spinning in a couple of weeks and I want to be doing something I don't have to pay too much attention to. (I think it's too funny that I am demonstrating spinning! LOL)

I did this last year and it was a blast! It was the first time I had gotten together with a bunch of other fiber people to craft, and they were so nice (I really need to join that guild, but they are not local to me so I keep putting it off). Since it was a fiber-craft demo, not just spinning, I got to see a bunch of different looms (though no rigid heddles, of course), and someone was using a drop spindle. My friend brought her Ashford Traditional and we were the only two wheel-spinning - my Babe was a BIG attention-getter. I'm thinking of taking the Spindolyn too.

Anyway, I'm about halfway through the alpaca. I'll probably tie-on on the Harp tonight, and then ply some more tomorrow night. I plan to get started on the Flip Saturday, if not sooner, as I have 30 days to return it if it's uncomfortable for me to use (that darn back problem). So far I like it, though how much of that is just that it is narrower I can't say. I even found a 'tote bag' at Hobby Lobby (in the art portofolios section) to carry it in (hmm... I could take the Flip to the demo...). It doesn't fit perfectly, but well enough. I'm going to have to do something with the loom stand too, to make it work for the Flip.

Pics on Saturday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home