Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A sleying we will go...

Sunday night I sleyed the Flip - wow was it nice to work on a narrower loom! I really like the large holes in the 8-dent heddle as well - it was quite easy to get the worsted weight Sugar n' Cream through the heddle holes. (Not having seen the 10-dent heddle, I don't know if the holes are large in that one as well; but judging by the size of the heddle hook I would imagine they are.)

Last night I started sleying the Harp. I'm struggling getting the Sugar n'Cream through the much-smaller holes on the Harp heddle, so this is taking awhile. I only have a third of it sleyed, because of: the small hole-size; I'm having trouble seeing what I'm doing (I really need new glasses and I'm sleying the Harp on the stand - I think it's too high); and I found a warping mistake - I missed a slot. So I'll have to measure out a piece of carpet warp and attach a weight to it so that the weight hangs off the back of the warp beam.

I'm itching to get to weaving, but tonight I'll split my time between putting the header on the Flip and continuing sleying on the Harp. Maybe I'll even throw a couple of picks on the Mattel loom!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home