Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The spinning wheel goes 'round and 'round...

No pictures today, as DH took the camera to work Tuesday and hasn't brought it back yet. I don't really have anything to show though.

I chain-plyed the Polwarth Tuesday, and the yarn is fuzzy enough it is kind of hard to see. I think it looks better than it did as a 2-ply though. (Correction: I've just learned that this is called "cable-plying", not "chain-plying.)

I started spinning the sample of Brown Sheep wool/mohair that The Sheep Shed Studio sent with my order - it is black/brown/white and I've been dying to see what it looks like (so far the black predominates - I can barely see any brown). It won't take long - there is only 4 ounces there. Still working on the red Colonial mix from The Fold - this is taking forever and I haven't made a dent in the first pound yet.

I plan to finish the towels Saturday - I will not let myself spin until I've got them sewn!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home