Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ta-da!

We have an FO! All that's left is washing. This is the scarf that came off the Mattel loom. I'll be doing a separate post on how to do the twisted fringe, but that's going to take awhile so I thought I'd do this first. First up, DH's scarf:

(dog paw optional)
I really like how it turned out - it's very drapey due to using such a fine warp compared to the weft, though it caused a bit of a finishing dilemma.


I did a spinning-fiber inventory Friday night, and discovered some bea
utiful stuff I had completely forgotten about (some of it is surprisingly old as well). What really grabbed me is this beautiful variegated-red Colonial roving from The Fold:

(the photographer's efforts do not do it justice) and it's up next after I finish off the Polwarth I started two years ago, also from The Fold:

I'm demo-ing spinning next Sunday so I fished out a Brown Sheep wool+mohair blend roving in natural colors (brown and almost-gray) that I didn't think to photograph.

I'll be setting up a fiber inventory in Excel, to keep on my pda so I have a bit of an idea of what I have, though a lot of what I have is "?" or "blue". :-\ Hopefully I'll keep better records in the future.


Your parting nature shot:

Though it turned out how I expected it would, but not like I had hoped, I kind of like it - it looks like a painting, though it's really hard to see the swallowtail butterfly - just a little splotch of yellow on the right side (click on the photo to enlarge).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the idea of twisting and knotting the fringe. Hadn't thought of it and like the look a lot. Your pretty rug shows up nicely in your wheel pictures!

    By Blogger Maggie's Farm, at 8/15/2007 7:37 AM  

  • Thank you! I was surprised and pleased at how well the fringe turned out, since it was my first attempt. A good choice for a not-so-frilly finish. :-D

    Isn't that a pretty rug? I love the colors, and with the bed gone from that room I actually get to see it!

    By Blogger CL, at 8/16/2007 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home