Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Finally!

I finished weaving DH's scarf and took it off the Mattel loom - WHEW! Now I just need to figure out how to add weft-yarn fringe to the edges, as I used thin linen for the warp and it doesn't look right as fringe. The weft yarn will unravel if tied like regular fringe, so I have to do something a little more involved, so I'll be looking through my books to see how it's done.

I like how drapey it turned out, and I hope it keeps him warm this winter. He had either forgotten (not surprising, since it's taken me about 2 years to weave it :-P) or not realized it was for him, so he is very pleased. :-D


This is probably the only project I'll be doing on that loom - the Harp and the Flip are just so much easier to weave on.


As it turned out, with a couple more holes drilled in my DIY tensioned lazy kate I can fit three bobbins, and the plying went surprisingly well (except for my uneven singles *sigh*).


It took me about an hour to actually ply the yarn - a new world's record for me! It didn't turn out like I planned - I was hoping to match the colors together - but I think I like it:


Of course, the color isn't quite right in the picture, the colors aren't that bright. I've already washed it so it's ready to be knit or woven.


I didn't work on the Harp's towels this weekend as I got the wild idea I ought to do some housework. I just have the sewing to do on the towels, which is my least favorite part - so I'm avoiding it. :-)


Your parting nature shot:


Why that silly butterfly is on a DEAD butterfly-bush blossom, since there are several live blossoms nearby, I have no idea.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home