Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wowser!

I'm turning this:

into this:


Isn't that pretty? I'm going to need more bobbins though - I don't know how much I have, but it's more than I've spun of one batch before and all of my bobbins have something on them now!


And I turned this (Brown Sheep wool/mohair blend):

into this:

It's pretty fuzzy, due to the mohair, but we'll see what happens after plying and washing. I'm debating trying Navajo plying with this - there is two-bobbins' worth, so I'd get good practice. And as fuzzy as it is, it might not show uneven plying too much. I'll have to find the video again of Navajo plying to refresh my memory.

Speaking of washing yarn - I washed the alpaca and the red variegated today - the alpaca is looking more and more underspun - I hope it holds up for knitting. The red wool is looking good though.



And I came up with this for a slightly-better-looking (or at least in keeping with the pvc theme we have going) support for the Pedal Pusher:


It does a good job and is adjustable, since I didn't screw it into the frame. The only 'bad' thing about not screwing it into the frame is that when I pick up the wheel it falls out. It's just a tiny bit long, which is why it is at an angle. I think the pads will indent over time, so it will work out in the long run. I'm going to have to paint it since I can't get the red lettering off though.


Your nature pic, to make up for lack of weaving content (again!):

The sweet pea outside my computer room window, valiantly trying to hide the tv antenna tower. :-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home