Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Woohoo!!

Look what showed up at work today! :-D


It's a Babe Liten Spindle - an upright charka (or 'charkha'). It's usually for spi
nning fine fibers such as cotton and silk; my understanding is that Babe's version is more versatile. I tried it at lunchtime, and didn't do too badly considering it was the first time I've tried spinning from the fold. I definitely need a lot more practice though. (I'll get back to weaving soon, I promise!)

This little guy is so compact it fits on the other (unoccupied) desk, and I may take it to work often to spin at lunchtime. It fits in this bag really well:


so it will be easy to haul around.

I found the bag at Hobby Lobby in the art section for only $10! Definitely check out the art section at HL if you are looking for craft equipment bags - I also found the bag for the Flip there. This is what it looks like on the outside:


The tag says it's a "small backpack", even though it's very flat. It does have backpack straps, plus the handle you can see in the picture, plus a shoulder strap.


On the weaving front, I'm doing a twisted fringe that I am planning on doing a mini-tutorial on. I'm also working on a 'how to get started' post - that one might take a little longer. :-D No promises on when I'll get either one done though!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home