Loomy Thoughts

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Spinning!

I haven't had much time to spend on the computer lately (I was having a "Firefly" marathon this weekend); and I've fallen behind on the Weave-It weave-along (though it shouldn't take long to catch up), and still haven't fixed that fell-line on the Flip project; but I've been spinning! And a bit of knitting too - I really want to get that scarf done, as it's starting to get cool here, at least in the mornings.

I finished spinning the hairy wool, and it awaits Navajo-plying.

I've also done a bit on the beautiful red roving, but I still have a long way to go on that. Since I bought that roving in two separate batches (separated by a few years) I have to keep track of which batch I'm spinning. A more-experienced friend suggested spinning it all and then plying old and new together - which is great idea! I'm probably going to need more bobbins though.

I also spun some of a silk hankie last night on the Liten Spindle - I'm having trouble getting my drafting very even but the yarn looks really cool - and the LS is perfect for spinning these! This is a handpainted hankie, and the colors appear to be going together better than I expected. :-)

Hopefully I'll have a chance tonight or tomorrow to do a better post with pictures!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home