Loomy Thoughts

Monday, October 08, 2007

Warped and ready!

I spent yesterday trying out a slightly different warping 'method' - this is best done while you still have the other end on the warping pegs though, it would be a whole lot easier!

Anyway, I cut the warp off the back beam and actually tied it like you do with the front beam. My NSI loom was supposed to be warped that way, as I recall; and I had done my best warping that way. Since I had already taken the warp off of the warp pegs, I used my second raddle to help keep the warp spread out:

(The raddles are extra-long so they will work on the wider Harp as well.)

It took quite awhile, but I took my time at it too. Then I wound the warp on using venetian blind slats, and when I ran out of them I used heavy paper for the last few turns. I probably used way too many slats. :-) But doesn't that look nice & even?


So then I did the header and started the hem. I have an obvious bow in the hem (pictures really show flaws!) so I'll be fixing that before I continue.



I finished the Weave-It square for eLoomanator's weave-along as well - it looks more windowpane-y in real life.


I've got the Weave-It wound for a linen square as well - that ought to be much more obvious. I was going to weave the linen square yesterday, but after putting everything in my box to take to the other room, I set it down and promptly spaced off the project. :-/ Oh well, tomorrow's the weaving guild meeting and I have 4 HOURS between the time I get off work and the time the meeting starts (and can't go home, as it's an hour drive each way), so I'll be taking the Liten Spindle and the Weave-It with me to work. I'll get some uninterrupted crafting time in my office. :-D

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home