Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I had a lazy week...

But I actually finished something - the mp3 player and doodads holder:


I wish the fabric was a bit stiffer, but I think that's a drawback of using acrylic on a really small loom - you just can't beat it very hard. But for my purposes (keeping all of the pieces together), I think it will be fine. I was very happy that I could get the speaker to fit, and still have room for extra batteries - that speaker drains the battery if you leave it in, even if you turn the speaker 'off'. :-/



I didn't touch the other looms this past week, nor did I take a closer look at the new book as I had intended.


I did have Spin Club this week though, and finally finished the bobbin that has been on the Pedal Pusher for what seems like forever. Now it needs plying. Thankfully my wrist didn't hurt after Spin Club (and I rested it a lot), so I think I can get back to limited spinning. :-D


When I wasn't spinning at Spin Club, I was playing around with my anniversary present:


It's a Norwegian cradle loom - a box or tape loom. It's bigger than the Bonhop and smaller than the Mattel - and whole lot more fun to use than the Mattel. Since I had gotten it just shortly before the meeting, it's not yet set up correctly so I'll get photos when I do that. It comes unfinished and needs a bit of light sanding and a finish (and rosemaling), so while I'm waiting on a couple of rigid heddles that will fit I'll at least get the sanding done - the finish might have to wait a few weeks. I'll probably mostly use it as a scarf loom, though I'm also going to use it as a card loom. It's a darned cute loom, and nice and small. First project on it will be a thank-you scarf for DH (he spoils me so!). :-D

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Such a cute little loom! Can't wait to see how you like it and what you do with it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/24/2008 11:29 AM  

  • Thanks Julie! I can't wait til the rigid heddles get here - I'm really itching to use it!

    By Blogger CL, at 12/01/2008 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home