Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Krumkake Days! :-D

(Yeah, it's the picture from last year)

Okay, there isn't really a krumkake holiday, but there should be! I've spent the weekend baking cookies, so no progress to report. We did have Spin Club this week, but we were having an ice storm at the same time so it was a short meeting with not a lot accomplished. All two of us that showed up arrived home safely. :-)

On the plaid project, I ended up unweaving all I had done as there was just something not right about the warp tension. I re-tied the warp and started again and am further along, but DH hasn't left the house long enough for me to get a good weaving session in. Guess I'll take it with me when I go to visit my family this week (without him, unfortunately, but with some krumkake - unless I eat it all first!).

I've done a second sample from Textures & Patterns on the Flip, and I'm way behind where I thought I would be by now. Sigh. I also need to clean up the guest room so I have a spot to set up Grandma's Hearthside loom and at least get that project started. Guess I'll be busy when I get from visiting!

I'm up to the thumb on the first wristwarmer (YAY!), and knitting doesn't seem to hurt my hand now so I'm good to start the Estonian triangle shawl now that I have a yarn picked out, and I think I understand the chart (never done charts before, so this could be interesting).

I think that's all I have tonight, except for

Happy Holidays Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home