Loomy Thoughts

Monday, August 03, 2009

Another new toy!

And another quickie post. :-)

When I had my Babe dealer order the Bulky Pinkie for me, I also had her order a spindle for the Production wheel. Since my Pedal Pusher has been relegated to plying, it's not my favorite wheel, it doesn't have the front support like the newer ones do, and you have to drill holes in the maiden upright - I decided to put the new spindle on the PP, just in case.

(Click on pictures to biggify.)
(And sorry about the lousy picture - I'll take a better one for the next post.)


I tried some alpaca that isn't very high quality; I think it's a carded batt:


Like BUTTAH.

Since there is very little left of this alpaca, I figured it would be good to practice on and give me time to do some stash-diving. :-) I might be able to use the spindle on the Bulky Pinkie too, but I haven't looked closely enough yet to be sure.

I posted quick instructions on how to install it on the new Babe Wheels group. :-D


And now for your almost-regular nature shot. I saw these from my bedroom window last Monday morning:

A hen turkey and her poults. :-D Boy was I surprised; and they stuck around for several pics (but then one of the dogs made a little too much noise).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home