Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Now here's something you don't see every day...

I was working next to the room that DH had left the TV on in, and kept hearing it cut out. Though it was cloudy, the clouds were not thick enough to block the satellite signal, so I went out to check the satellite dish. This is what I saw:

Birds like to nest in there, but I never thought a SNAKE would get in there! Ahhh... the joys of living in the country.... :-D (No worries, these are not venomous - though I'm not sure what kind of snake it is - is it a bull snake? DH calls it a black snake, but I thought those were always black.)

No fibery pics today - I'm still spinning on the Spindolyn, and still working on the warp for the RH group weave-along. I'm re-using a warp that I had intended to make something else with, plus I threaded the wrong heddle the first time (sigh) so this may turn out 'interesting'. :-)

I hope to have pictures this weekend (other than snake pictures!).

2 Comments:

  • Oh my. Perhaps he was trying to tune it to the National Geographic Channel? If you catch him peeking in the window to watch TV, then you'll know for sure ;)

    By Blogger Cynthia A., at 6/16/2009 11:16 AM  

  • LOL! Unfortunately our package does not include the National Geographic Channel, though I wish it did. We are currently getting a free month of the Science Channel though. And I have seen shed snake skins outside of the big window in the past. Hmm.... :-D

    He's the second of that variety that I've seen close to the house in less than a month. The first was much smaller and caught in some bird netting. He didn't appreciate our efforts to free him, but we persisted and were successful. :-)

    By Blogger CL, at 6/16/2009 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home