Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, August 09, 2009

I have mostly nuthin'

Same old, same old - always big plans and not much gets done.

I was going to do some Pinkie-spinning this weekend, but got a wild hair (and a sunburn - ow!) and decided I just had to paint it this weekend:

It needs another coat and the stain says I have to wait 48 hours, so it still looks pretty much like that. I also stained the treadles while I was at it. I'll be staining the flyer when I decide if I like the stain I used. :-) It has been quite a time suck for me, so I'm really glad I never got around to painting the Production. (And I still need to figure out how I'm going to paint the Pinkie's upright part that is behind the wheel without painting the wheel itself - wrap the wheel in newspaper strips I guess.)

I did some more spinning on the Production - I have a demo next Sunday and I want to get that bobbin filled and off so I can spin something I will actually be able to see (it won't be very bright in there). But the red stuff is spinning so fine that it is taking me a long time to spin just a little bit.



I did accomplish a little bit of weaving, but most of my time was spent trying out whip-stitching the edges while the work is in progress (a la "Weaving Made Easy"). I am a crappy whip-stitcher, I'm afraid. :-(


Oh well, since I still haven't decided what I'm going to use this for, I decided I could experiment with it some.


Oh I almost forgot - my first attempt at a orifice hook. :-D



And that's all I've got. The hanging tomato looks very scrawny, and I've caught birds pecking the cherry tomatoes. I also caught The Hound picking the cherry tomatoes off the plant - he loooves tomatoes! Strange (but lovable) dog! :-D

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home