Loomy Thoughts

Monday, February 21, 2011

A spinning we will go....

Look what followed me home this time!

 This great wheel was originally from upper New York state; we don't have any other info than that.  It is *HUGE*, and I'm going to have to totally re-arrange my upstairs craft/fiber room.  Luckily I can take my time doing the rest of the room after making a space for it last night.

(With the Polonaise for size contrast.)
 
 (We're slightly out-of-focus this morning!)

I test-drove it this morning:

(The grey is mine; the brown was already there.)
I need a lot of long-draw practice, and hand-carding (:-P) practice, but I'm able to make (probably over-spun) yarn. :-D  Maybe I can trade in my current hand cards for for more comfortable cards and I won't mind carding so much....


The Reeves is spinning wonderfully, and I'll be spinning on it next this morning.  And I think I'll spin on the Polonaise a bit today too; I think she is feeling left out lately. :-D

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home