Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wheee...

I spent most of yesterday spinning on the Reeves, off-and-on.  Since I'm having a thumb/tendon issue in my hand I had to do quite a bit of predrafting.  But half of the angora/silk is spun:


And I put a Babes-made Reeves bobbin on and started spinning something a little easier, for a break:
Undyed BFL.  Spinning is smooooth, and the Reeves is starting to get a bit more broken in.  It's getting easier to treadle, and it's more obvious when it's oiling time now.  Oh and I bought a Reeves distaff from a very kind Raveler that almost matches. :-D

In non-Reeves news - lookee here!!!
Look at all that yarn!  That is the merino cashmere that I have been spinning on the Penguin since forever.  Though it's a bit periwinkle-ish, I loooove the yarn.  It's very soft and drapey.

I was going to work on my pvc great wheel today, but time has gotten away from me *again*. :-/  Maybe this week.  I hope.


Oh I even started a knitting project - a loom-knitting project, hoping it would be easier on my thumb/tendon issue(s).  I've only done two rows so far, so there is nothing to see, but I'm using my cabled yarn so it's my very first handspun project. :-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home