Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, April 03, 2011

We have a guest!

First - someone got a haircut:
and a new necklace!  He was not especially thrilled with either, though his fur isn't as short as the last time he got a professional 'do. :-)

Our guest:
showed up yesterday morning.  We checked around the neighborhood and left flyers, so far no one has called.  I'm not sure what's going to happen with him - sometimes we want his owners to find him, and other times we don't because he acts like he's been mistreated (but training an over-large puppy - he's as big as our largest dog).  He cowers a lot, is totally untrained though he's at least a year old - maybe two, and a bit on the thin side (and intact - sigh).  But you can tell he had a collar, his nails are short, and he's not very dirty.  Very sweet and velcro-y, though a bit mouthy and he likes to jump on people (because he has never been trained ::sigh::)

This is what the other dogs think of him:

Not so keen, particularly the spaniel.  So far they've been kept separate, the 'new' dog is staying outside (dog house) and doesn't seem to be interested in leaving at all.  Sigh.  Four dogs????  Siiigh.

I've dedicated April to decluttering the worst room in the house.  So far, I've made a bit of progress, but  I started in an area where I had recently done some organizing so it kind of doesn't count as much.  But that's going to cut into my crafting time since it's a HUGE mess (as well the new dog's training, if he stays).

On the spinning front, I'm still working on the lovely green on the Reeves (didn't spin much this past week though) and... I have an unfinished Kromski Mazurka on its way to me!  I wanted one for a long time, but I'm not crazy about the Kromski finishes, and didn't want to take on finishing a Mazurka myself.  But... Kromski discontinued this wheel (????) so I figured I'd better get one now.  Now, to pick a stain color - the worst part of finishing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home