Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, April 12, 2012

She spins!!

I've cleaned and oiled and waxed the antique Finnish wheel this week - I think she looks a bit better:

And took her for a test-spin with some Corgi Hill Fiber (who, by the way, is having an anniversary sale in her shop!):


She treadles kind of hard, but I'm thinking of adding brass bushings for her treadle bar pins; and the footman needs to be properly tied up - that should help.  And of course she needs lots of oil.

Also, I'm wondering if I may not have the original flyer.  I can't line up the MOA and the drive wheel without some tricks.  The MOA is loose and there doesn't seem to be a way to tighten it under the table, so...


And I added a bushing on the front of the flyer to 'push' it backwards


though it's still not lined up and I have to be watchful or the driveband will come off.  Since I was already planning to attempt to make a new flyer for it since the back tip is still a little messed up we should be able to make a flyer that fits better. I hope.

But she's spinning! :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home