Loomy Thoughts

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I carded... and carded... and

carded some more. Whew! Two hours of carding caused a carpal tunnel syndrome flare-up, so I'll have to remember to take more breaks. But I finished the first 5 oz bag of alpaca (it says it's 'cloud' on the outside of the bag, but it sure isn't easy spinning in that form) and started airing out the second bag. By the time I get the rolags from bag #1 spun, the new stuff ought to be uncompacted. My bobbin doesn't seem to be filling very fast, so I may not have enough to do the Reader's Wrap with it. I do have two bags of alpaca/silk/merino (or mohair - I can't remember which) that I bought from the same vendor last year, but it's white and I hadn't intended it for the wrap. We'll just have to see how much I end up with.

That's all I did last night; I believe Wednesday is for working on the large loom. Maybe - just maybe - I will have enough energy left over tonight to finish those darn pockets and finish dressing the Hearthside loom. Keep your fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home