Loomy Thoughts

Friday, May 25, 2007

TGIF!

Yep, I've run out of title ideas. :-) I haven't been weaving this week, but I have been spinning the red wool. Last night's spinning went surprisingly smoothly after having quite a time on Wednesday. There is more roving left than I originally thought so finishing this batch is taking longer than expected. Also I've started setting up a spinning club with a friend, so that has been taking some of my time (who knew it would be so difficult to find a meeting room??). We're thinking about buying a couple of Babe Production Pedal Pushers as extra wheels for us and to use as 'spares' for the club, in case someone drops by one of our meetings and wants to try spinning. They are inexpensive, it looks like they use the same bobbins as my Production wheel, and I hear the pedal pusher part gives your legs a little bit of a circulation boost and exercise - and we can all use a bit more exercise. :-)

I will be weaving on the Flip this weekend, finishing off the warp with one last dishcloth color experiment. And I'll be doing a little Spindolyn-ing, and I think I'm going to frog the herringbone scarf and start over with a larger needle - I think it will look better. I hate the thought of frogging it, but I'm also not happy with how it's twisting. I hope a looser knit will kind of straighten it out some.

Have a safe weekend, everyone!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home