Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Not much to report Sunday...

I haven't been doing much crafting again this week as I was getting stuff ready for the first meeting of the new spinning group. It will probably take awhile for word of the group to get around, but a good time was had by those who came. :-) And I did get most of the red stuff spun, and finished spinning it yesterday:

I think I'll try plying it on the Pedal Pusher after winding it off the bobbin into a center-pull ball, since the Pedal Pusher's flyer is meant to accept the plying bobbin as well as the 'regular' bobbins, unlike the Production wheel.

I realized I hadn't posted a picture of the first towel done on the Harp yet either, so here it is:


For the next towel I will try hems of carpet warp, to keep the bulkiness of the hems down (thanks to my weaving friend for reminding me of that!). I think I will also do just one color for #2, and also for #3. White for this one, and blue for the third - I'm pretty sure I'm only going to get three off of this warp.

Later today I intend to do some weaving and some spinning, but I'm also doing some summer housecleaning as well. And trying to declutter the house - which is always challenging. I'd rather be spinning/weaving/knitting. :-D


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I just found your blog and wanted to thank you for sharing all your knowledge! I am new to weaving and found your blog inspiring!

    Tamara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/25/2007 11:13 PM  

  • I'm so glad you like the blog, Tamara! It's really nice to hear that it has been of some help to you. :-D

    By Blogger CL, at 6/26/2007 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home