Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday!

Yep, yet another catchy title. :-)

I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped this past weekend; I did cut the warp off the Flip and the dishcloths are ready for the sewing machine. I hope to get to that today or tomorrow (I need to find the sewing machine manual first!).

I did some weaving on the Harp last night; the 10-dent heddle really seems to be making a difference - I can feel it drag on the Peaches & Cream yarn. Whether it's the size of the heddle holes on a 10-dent heddle (vs. the 8-dent I used on the Flip) or just the size of the holes on a Harp heddle, this is slowing me down a bit. If I decide I like the 10-dent result, next time I do these towels I'll be sure to run the Peaches & Cream through the slots instead of the holes.

I still love this pattern! Since I warped the entire width of the Harp, I'm finding the Harp shuttles just a little short for beating the entire warp evenly. As these are towels and cotton, I need more beating 'force' than I can get with the heddle; and thought the shuttles work for that I'd rather have an extra couple of inches on each end for that. So I'm probably going to cut a 'beater' for this project - actually I might have DH do it, as I think it needs a bevel cut lengthwise.

Nothing really to show picture-wise, but I plan to take pictures of the hemming process so stay tuned!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home