Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Wow...

How did the week go by without a post? I really don't have much to report again though, so you didn't miss anything.

I've done a little bit of spinning on the the new Pedal Pusher:

I'm finding it harder to spin slowly with it but that is probably just something that will come with practice. And it wouldn't hurt me to spin a little faster, as I am slooooooow. :-) This fiber is whatever Nels sends with the Babes - my weaving/spinning friend thinks it is merino.


I did a little weaving too:


I sure do like this pattern! I have about 8 more inches to go, and I'm using a single color for weft (white). I'm doing hems on this one using carpet warp, and will probably do that on the next one as well. I meant to take a picture of the hem for you; it looks a bit different from the last hem I wove. I had to use a longer shuttle and beat it pretty hard, as it didn't want to 'beat in' very well.

It's looking like the next towel will be a bit narrow, as I'm running out of warp (because I used the wrong number when I measured out my warp sigh); I'll be using a single color for weft again (blue, this time). I'm hoping I'll remember to measure my loom waste this time so I have a better idea when planning my projects.


Today I'm cleaning out the guest room as we've sold the bed that was in there, and DH is going to build a futon so we'll actually be able to use the room (YAY!). Currently the plan is to put the exercycle and spinning wheels in there - sure hope the room is big enough, but we really need to get the exercycle out of the kitchen!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home