Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Not much to report Saturday

Though I have finished plying the red stuff.
Looks good from a distance, doesn't it?

This is more like the correct color; I couldn't get a clear picture in the right color:
Who knew red would be so hard to photograph? The yarn really does look good on the niddy noddy - just don't look too closely. ;-)

I had said I wouldn't use a niddy noddy again, and I still might not wash on the NN, but I realized when my sister got hers that mine was way too long - no wonder it was such a hassle to wind. I have shortened it now (and looked up instructions on how to wind a NN), and it works much better. I do need to get some Synthrapol (sp?) before I wash it though, to keep the dye from messing up. I also want to sand the flyer on the Pedal Pusher a bit - I kept catching on something while plying the thicker sections (this yarn will qualify as 'novelty' - overspun and underspun, thick-and-thin, and overplied - sigh).


I'm also up to the last hem on the last towel on the Harp - I actually had enough warp left to make this towel the same size as the rest of the towels. :-) I didn't take any pictures, though, as it looks much the same as the last picture.


I overdid working in the garden this morning so I probably won't be doing much for crafting the rest of the day. DH & I went to see "Live Free or Die Harder" this afternoon - it was EXCELLENT. Die Hard 1 is my FAVORITE Christmas movie, and I might have to do a Die Hard marathon tonight. :-) They are not good movies to knit to, but I might give it a try.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home