Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Quick update...

I finished weaving the hem for the last towel on the Harp Saturday, and removed the warp from the loom. I didn't get the hems sewn though - I might get to that tomorrow (Wednesday) night.

I also spun the last bobbin of the green stuff, so I'm ready to make it into a 3-ply. I don't think all three bobbins will fit in my homemade lazy kate, so I'll need to pick up another basket before I start plying. Still loving that Pedal Pusher!

I've also been wondering if I can use the plying bobbins, which would make for a larger ratio, for spinning thicker yarn. I'll be experimenting with that soon, as the yarn I'm spinning is a bit thin if I'm going to be knitting with it - for now I'm having to ply everything. The flyer orifice isn't big enough for bulky yarn, but for worsted-weight singles there is plenty of room.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home