Loomy Thoughts

Monday, November 19, 2007

Forgot-to-post Post!

I'm not sure where the weekend went - I sure didn't spend all that time spinning on the Polonaise. :-(

First - thank you very much! to the commenters, saying such nice things about my finishing job on the Polonaise! If I hadn't been in such a hurry to spin on it, it would've been a more fun finishing project! :-)

She does spin, very nicely. I was using the roving that Babe's Fiber Garden sells to test it out, and except for a 'knock' between the footman & treadle (which is normal, and I will be adding a thin pad between the two to quiet it a bit) and a thunk coming from a strange lump in the drive band, and figuring out how to adjust the take-up, I was making a nice, even thread.

Last night I started spinning the beautiful blue merino/tencel (the vendor is The Fiber Station) that I bought at the spin-in last month - that's trickier since it's a bit slippery so I'm having a bit of trouble drafting it and had to loosen up the tension on the wheel even more - to the point the drive band came off! That might be a little too loose.

Tomorrow is the spinning club meeting though, so I'll get lots of practice - and advice (yay!). I'll take the Spindolyn along in case I need a break from the Polonaise, plus one of the ladies wants to see the Flip loom so I'll be taking that as well. I haven't figured out an easy way to move the Polonaise - I picked it up by the table last night to move it, but I don't know how well that will work taking it to the meeting. Though the adjusters look like handy handles (the pieces that run from the maiden's table to the wheel supports), and the wheel is lightweight, I'm hesitant to do that as I'm not sure they are sturdy enough for that, plus I keep having to re-adjust the wheel as it is. I do know that I will rarely be taking out - it's just not easy to move around like the Babes are.

I hope to post pictures tomorrow night, so stay tuned!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home