Loomy Thoughts

Monday, November 12, 2007

Parts is parts...


Wow that's a lot of parts (did I already mention that?)!

I don't have much to report, as this has taken up all of my time. The stain isn't quite turning out how I expected, so it will be interesting to see what the wheel looks like assembled. These parts are stained and waxed, so they are finished though not quite ready to assemble. The big pieces are getting an extra day for the stain to dry before waxing, since it's been raining today and I was getting a bit of stain off the small pieces when I was waxing them yesterday.

The lazy kate is finished and assembled:

Whew! At least something is done! I dunno - what do you think of the color?

Tonight I'm taking off since it's rainy - and I still haven't picked up a single crafty thing. I do need to find my beeswax for the threads on this wheel though. Now where did I leave it....

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • That is a BEAUTIFUL color stain!

    By Blogger Trisha, at 11/13/2007 4:35 AM  

  • Thank you Trisha! It's Minwax's "Gunstock". The pictures' hue is pretty close - especially on the mother-of-all at the back, at least on my home computer - it looks a little orange-y on my work computer.

    I thought it would end up a bit more brown than it did, but the color will probably darken some over time.

    By Blogger CL, at 11/13/2007 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home