Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Here I am!!

I've been distracted by trying to decide if I really wanted to order one of these before the price increase. After much head-scratching, asking questions, and double-checking the bank account - it will be here Tuesday. :-D I'm getting the unfinished model, so today I will be doing some test-staining on a piece of scrap birch. I don't know if I can spin on a double-drive wheel, since I've only had Irish-tension and the Liten Spindle charkha, but learning keeps us young, right?

I have done a little bit of weaving on the dishcloths, but still haven't finished first one. :-/ That is also on my list of things to do today. I do like how the yellow is turning out.

(Sorry about the dark picture - the flash version was even worse!)

I did some knitting last week as well - it's the 'Even Colder In My Office' time of year, so I decided I needed handwarmers fast. I picked this pattern since I'm not very fast with dpns and wow did it go fast! I used a heavier yarn than it called for, which also speeded things up, and knit both at the same time.
I really like them and will make them again (and I have plenty of yarn leftover), only this time using dpns and probably knitting top-down so I can get good placement on the thumb. Too bad I can't wear them while staining - it's downright chilly today!


The most beautiful dog ever:


And now - time to start staining! :-D

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home