Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's here!

It's a Kromski Polonaise spinning wheel, ordered from The Spinning Loft (Beth at TSL was very very very helpful while I was deciding to buy this wheel, and answered my dumb questions very quickly!). This doesn't look so intimidating - look, it's barely bigger than the hound!





Um... wow, that's a lot of UNFINISHED pieces...





Always start with something small...

I know I don't have the bobbins on right - I was just making sure everything fit.



It sure is pretty - even without stain!

Those are my stain 'chips' in the middle - I'm almost positive I'll use the 'browner' of the two.

I just dry-fit the wheel together, so it's not really usable, but I wanted to make sure everything fit together and was all there before I started sanding and staining. I was able to twist my already-spun yarn and have it draw in, so the wheel appears to work. :-) I started sanding the pieces tonight, and I'll be able to test the stain on the bottom of the lazy kate tomorrow. :-D

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home