Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A quick post

as it's late and I need to get to bed.

Spinning club was great fun as always, and I spent about 2 1/2 hours spinning on the Polonaise. Much to my surprise, when I checked the P. for alignment after arriving, it was in the same alignment as it had been when I put it in the car last night! I did end up angling the maiden a tiny bit to line up a bit better than it was, and I've learned that I can minimize the 'thunk' of the treadle and footman by where I place my foot.

This is how much I got done:

That's pretty good for me!

This merino/tencel is soft even when spun. I do have to pre-draft it a bit, but I've been getting unusually even thread for me (unless I don't pre-draft it very well).

And look at this handy box I found that almost-perfectly fit the flyer to protect it while traveling:



Good thing I didn't throw it out! (And yes, that's the Flip there in front of the chair - I took that to spinning club as well as a couple of people were interested.)

I'm taking the Pedal Pusher with the Brown Sheep roving, a small weaving project, and the scarf I'm knitting, on my annual Thanksgiving trip, so maybe I'll get something done on at least one of these projects.

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! :-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home