Loomy Thoughts

Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

The Confounded Scarf™ is finally DONE. Between trying to keep DH from seeing it in-progress, and all the problems I had (I had to unweave some of it again as I had missed a warp, and it was very obvious), I didn't think it would ever get done.

Here it is after washing - much to my surprise, the red seems to be colorfast (I tested first, don't worry!). With all the other problems I had with it, I figured the red would bleed all over and the non-superwash yarns would shrink differently than the one (sigh) superwash yarn. So far that doesn't seem to be the case, but I also didn't let it soak very long. I just did a basic hemstitch and fringe.



That white 'blobbish' area towards the bottom is where the white yarn wasn't quite so tightly twisted - really kind of shows, doesn't it. :-( Oh well.

Here's a better picture, before I fringed and washed it:


My selvedges aren't all that even, but I'm pretty sure DH won't notice. I do kind of like how it turned out, and it looks good from a distance! :-D

Next up - I need to get the wristwarmers knitted as I am itching to start the Estonian triangle shawl. I didn't get any more knitting done this past week, so I'm still at the thumb of #1 which I am going to turn into a slit (I hope). I'll be doing that in a few minutes as I continue my Hawaii Five-O marathon. :-) I should be able to finish the first wristwarmer, and then, if I'm up to it, I'll cast on for the Estonian Shawl. I also need to dig out my Baltic Sea Stole, as that is an UFO I'm going to try to finish this year (if I can figure out where I am - thank goodness for lifelines!).

And I also need to get back to the Textures sampler, and I need to start the shirt on the Harp, and the rug on the Hearthside - there just are not enough hours in the day!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home