Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday morning

And what a beautiful day it is looking to be, though quite chilly - brrrr!

Thursday I spun, and spun, and spun some more. Actually it was only two hour's worth, and it was generally going well, but it still doesn't look like I'm getting the fiber pile down. I guess that's good though - maybe I'll have enough for the wrap after all. The bobbin is finally starting to fill up!

I took yesterday afternoon off, and sat down to the Hearthside loom and started tying on the front beam. And I noticed something didn't look quite right. And then I realized I hadn't sleyed the heddle yet! LOL Good grief! So I spent the evening doing that. I had to take several breaks as that leaning over the loom is uncomfortable for me. Next time, I think I'll take the loom off the stand and lean it sideways against the wall to sley - that ought to work much easier.

Today I will be tying on the front beam. :-) And I need to wash some batting for this project too. Other than that, I believe this is a kind of miscellaneous day; since DH has the day off I may not get much accomplished. Maybe I'll get out one of the crochet projects that's been languishing in my (HUGE) UFO bag. :-D

And of course there is always housework, darn it! And the hound wants attention, and I need to clean off my computer desk - we're getting a satellite modem installed soon! WOOHOO!! I so can't wait to dump this lousy dial-up!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home